How’s your week looking so far? Good? I hope so. Here are a few links you can read over breakfast on a sunny veranda. I mean, assuming you have a veranda around. And the sun, which is always around, but not always around in a bright and happy fashion. Hopefully, you have the bright and happy sun.
- What do you do when a bear menaces your beloved pet? You haul off and punch the bear right in his stupid bear face, right? Right?
- You can play classic video games like Maniac Mansion right in Twitter, thanks to Twitter Cards and the Internet Archive. (UPDATE: Nope. You can’t do that anymore. You can go play cool games at the Archive, though.)
- I didn’t know that tabasco sauce had so many connections to the United States military.
- If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
- Some wonderful man recreated the classic cover of the Dungeons & Dragons box set in LEGO bricks.
- We don’t hear nearly enough good stories about police dispatchers. They’re out there to be told.
- Follow the link on Glenn’s post to a really cool story about the SR-71 Blackbird. It truly was a cool airplane.
- Do we really need a remake of The Six Million Dollar Man? Hollywood says we do, and they’ve tapped an Oscar-nominated writer to make it happen. Hopefully, they’ll keep the awesome theme song sequence (Na na na NA naaaaaaa na na na na na na na naaaaaaaaaa.)
- Adorable that child is! Into a droid you must stick her! Pictures you should take!
- I don’t mind the word “selfie” all that much but I know it drives some folks absolutely bananas. If you’re one of those, you have the nation of Australia to blame.
Bonus Link Number 11!!
Here is a whole mess of Alton Brown-approved recipes for your Cinco de Mayo dining and drinking needs. His fish tacos recipe looks delicious and would pair very nicely with his recipe for Refresca de Avena.