Behold your links! Less comment here because more comment later. Make sense? Good.
- Constantine is dead, which is a shame. At some point, a major network is going to figure out how to handle urban fantasy. Superheroes don’t seem to be a problem, but magic, for whatever reason, does.
- On the other hand, the Lavalantula lives, which gives me great hope that I will one day write a movie you’ll watch on the SyFy channel.
- There is such a thing as a red-eyed cicada. Sleep well.
- I liked digital music a lot better back in the old days, when my collected consisted of stuff I ripped from my own CDs and tracks I obtained via various means, mostly to replace what I already owned on cassette tape. I have a Spotify account and use it quite a lot but it’s not the same. I’m afraid streaming entertainment is going to run into the problem where the stuff you want to listen to and watch will be spread across five or six different services and we’ll all just go back to buying our stuff in physical form. Digital ecosystems are nice, if you only ever want what’s in that ecosystem, but as we’ve learned from Netflix, you can never even be sure your chosen ecosystem will have what you want.
- Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks are teaming up for a historical movie again. This one, the story of the man who negotiated the release of Francis Gary Powers, looks like it could be pretty good.
- I know you don’t like content marketing very much. Neither do it. But it works. Here is an interesting article on whose content does well with which audience and there are a few surprises in there. Conservatives own the political “vertical”, which surprises me a bit. In the “totally not a surprise even a little bit”, BuzzFeed does really well among women.
- I love this Make article on how to make your own box set containers (via Lifehacker, which suggest it’s the perfect way to organize your magazine collection. You have one of those, yes? I do.).
- I have no idea why Congress wants to make life hard on folks who sell hand-made soaps at craft shows and Renaissance Faires but that’s exactly what it’s going to do. And at least one Senator doesn’t give a rat’s patoot what you think about it.
- Chuck Wendig, whose writing advice I find invaluable, answered a few writing questions. Maybe they’re questions you wanted to ask a writer but didn’t know one to ask. Here you go!
- Summer is time for cold drinks and right here is a solid recipe for lemonade that you can make right now. Of course, that assumes life has given you lemons or allowed you to purchase them from a store.
BONUS PRODUCTIVITY LINK! BE PREPARED TO DO STUFF MORE EFFICIENTLY PERHAPS!
Evernote is a ridiculously handy tool for, well, just about everyone. I’ve used it for everything from story and blog post drafts to podcast show notes and schedules. Problem is, like any filing system, it can be tough to set up a good system from scratch. Michael Hyatt has your hookup, though.